Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday in the heartland

This morning i begin typing this with a strange pulsing in my right arm. I thought the desk was vibrating, then i thought maybe we were having some sort of earthquake, then i realized it was a muscle spasm. Muscle spasms are weird, right? I mean, not ALL of your muscles get them, otherwise there would be a lot of guys doing business meetings suddenly very embarrassed, while the flagpole was going up, then down then up, then down. And you never hear of anyone whose HEAD started pulsing all on its own. Usually its just some arm or leg muscle that starts twitching, and since we feel it before we see it, we spaz out like some sort of mental patient, wiggling our extremeties around and sometimes even asking people "you see that?", which of course they never do.
I get to work this morning, and usually there is some sort of fallout or issue from the weekend from our customers, most of whom are suppliers for Toyota. This morning however, was peaceful with the only message from our IT guy giving us directions on how to access our voicemail from home. As if i would ever bother to do THAT. I get enough of this place while i am here, and pardon me if it isnt "team spirit", but i have been hung out to dry enough times here where i work when i am AT work. I try and leave this place behind mentally the second i leave.
On my way to work this morning, i noticed the moon. It was looking especially beautiful, just a sliver showing and I could almost see the dark side. I truly wonder if the future holds for us a possibility of getting back there, it is less and less likely with the current administration. I think if we would have found something of earth shattering interest on either the Moon or on Mars, we would already be there or on the way. Fact is, there just isnt anything valuable for us on either place. It makes me sad though, because so many of my childhood fantasies and games were based on the idea of people becoming space travelers. Oh, well. Thats what growing up is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment