Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Monday...right

Just some observations for a Monday..

Today, i was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and i noticed that my Crest Spinbrush is the "Pro" model. Now would someone please explain to me how a Spinbrush becomes a Pro? Is there some worldwide competition for toothbrushes, and mine became ineligible for Amateur status because it got an agent? Or are they trying to tell me that somewhere there are people being paid to use Crest Spinbrushes, and this is the exact model they would use? I doubt Dentists offices use these things, they have those super high speed jobs, that make that lovely high-pitched whine.

I have a confession, I like silly entertaining kids shows. I like the show iCarly. I cant explain why, but it appeals to me. The writing is pretty good, no earth-shattering developments happen, and mostly its just craziness. However, I was thinking today about the TV family dynamic, and how misrepresented it seems to be. This girl, Carly, is being essentially raised by her big brother, who is no rocket scientist. So i thought of TV families of late, and immediately i remembered Malcolm in the Middle. That was one of the few "complete" families on TV but the way they were presented was more of a live action version of the Simpsons than a normal family. For the life of me, i cannot think of any show featuring the standard "mom, dad, kids" kind of dynamic. A few years ago there was one which seemed like it would have a solid future, 8 Simple Rules, but the death of John Ritter really killed that show.

Our "dear" President tried to get the Olympics for Chicago. No, actually, he tried to get the Olympics to Chicago so they would buy up all the slum land his cronies own, thereby paying them back for all of their help getting him elected. And the man who has bought into all the "cult of personality" about himself was almost laughed out of Copenhagen. This country has some serious issues going on: Health Care, Afghanistan, almost 10% unemployment, scandals with ACORN, the NEA, and the water crisis in California. Yet, the Olympics in 2016 is something that took center stage. I guess i just dont get where the priorities have gone.

I think this will be a very cold winter. Seriously. Go get a very warm parka if you live north of Tennessee. Get your gear now before its gone and you cant find any. You will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment